I’ve been really getting into Blog Tags lately. There’s something fun about them. Answering bookish or personal questions and getting to know fellow bloggers better. Fun! That’s why we spend hours each week blogging. Right? So let’s get into it!
Special shout out to Julia at Fable Hunter who unofficial tagged anyone who wanted to do the tag. That would be me! Thanks!
1) Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2) Answer the questions asked on this post — don’t stress it’s quick!
3) Nominate and notify some peeps. 5 preferred.
1. What are your top 3 bookish pet peeves?
- Great books with mediocre endings
Seriously annoys me that the clearly very talented author rushed through the ending. I hate being disappointed by the ending of a book I loved so much.
- Ugly covers
There’s nothing better than a gorgeous book cover. Please don’t deprive me of that!
- Disliking all the main characters
For me I need to like, at least a little bit, the main characters. Or at least understand their bad behavior. Or maybe have a few redeeming qualities. Something that makes them relatable or likable.
2. Name a perfect reading spot:
Sitting outside at home on the deck. Preferably a comfy chair but I don’t own one. Anyone want to buy me one? Lol. 60 to 75 degrees F and sunny. Slightly breezy. A mug of green tea next to me and I’m enjoying all the beauty that Mother Nature has to offer. Nothing better while reading an amazing book.
3. Give 3 reading confessions:
- Lately I’ve been really getting into the romance genre. Fun, light reading seems to help me destress!
- Describing a wonderful book is easy in my head, doable in writing but so hard when someone asks “so what’s your book about?” I end up sounding like a rambling idiot. But I’m an intelligent reader, I promise!
- Reading only 1 book at a time seems weird to me after reading 2-3 for so long
4. When was the last time you cried during a book?
??? I had to look through my last read books for this one. Rush by Lisa Patton. Can’t give away why because of spoilers but trust me, it’s good!
5. Number of books on your bedside table?
Zero. Don’t read in bed.
6. Favorite reading snack?
Green tea/peppermint tea
Don’t snack too much while I read, for the messy hands reason. But I’ve bene loving homemade kettle corn with peanuts lately. A perfect salty sweet snack that’s easy to eat with one hand and hold my Kindle with the other.
7. What are 3 books you’d recommend to anyone?
8. Provide a picture of your bookshelf:
So embarrassing because it’s not organized or pretty at all!
9. How much do books mean to you in 3 words?
Life’s amazing experiences
10. Biggest reading secret?
I rarely like all the hyped up YA books. Probably because I don’t like fantasy or dystopian books, which is kind of why I started my blog. I felt I had a different perspective and things to say about books no one was talking about much.