Magic Under the Mistletoe by Lucy Coleman
Rating: 3 stars
Published: September 5, 2019
Genres: romance, contemporary, holiday, Christmas
Recommend to fans of: books by the same author, winter wonderland romances, holiday romances, difficult family times with happily ever afters
Christmas and romance are in the air…
It’s December 23rd and while everyone else is rushing home for the holidays, workaholic Leesa Oliver is dreading switching on her out-of-office for the festive season. And it seems her equally driven boss, Cary Anderson, isn’t relishing spending Christmas at his family’s country estate either.
So together, they draft an unexpected Christmas contract: They’ll spend half of the holidays with each other’s families, pretending to be a couple. Leesa knows the insufferably good-looking Cary will make her Christmas more bearable, but what happens after the last of the mince pies have been eaten…?
Leesa signed off on a sensible business agreement, but somewhere, amongst the fairy lights and carols something seems to have changed… It seems there might just be some magic under the mistletoe this Christmas!
Thank you to NetGalley, Aria, and Lucy Coleman for an ARC ebook copy to review. As always, an honest review from me.
– fun, sweet wintertime romance
– Still realistic because there are some family and life struggles presented (allows the characters to be well created) but also still retains its romance novel quality
– The author writes consistently good winter holiday romances
– one of the main characters is a romance author
– Picturesque setting
– wasn’t as captivating for a holiday romance as I had hoped – simply put, it didn’t pull me into the story, wrap me up in the holiday feels and make me feel a part of the festive holiday season
– The family tension – there’s not a lot of it but any will always take away from the enjoyment of a book for me, due to personal triggers
– I wasn’t so busy so I could take time to truly enjoy this wonderful novel
– I related more to the main characters
Overall, a decent holiday romance novel but definitely not my favorite that I’ve read recently. I’ve read and thoroughly enjoyed another book by this same author, so I have high hopes for her next book. To be fair, I was very busy and stressed while reading this book, so I couldn’t relax and become immersed in the world like I usually do.
Add to your Goodreads TBR here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/45442136
Come say hi!
Goodreads: Amanda (Books, Life and Everything Nice)