Where the Lies Hide by Renee Roman
Rating: 4 stars
Published: August 1, 2019
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books
Genres: romance, contemporary, LBTQIA+, feminism
Recommend to fans of: other books by the same publisher, modern day diverse romance novels, kids with tough childhoods grow up to be strong adults
Thank you to NetGalley, Bold Strokes Books and Renee Roman for an ARC ebook copy to review. As always, an honest review from me.
– the main characters: smart, intriguing, want to be friends with them (and yes, I know it’s a romance novel but to me the mark of a great romance novel and really any book is well written characters)
– Some sexy times but it doesn’t overshadow the rest of the storylines
– chronic pain (migraines) is shown realistically – as part of life, annoying, frustrating, doesn’t make you weak but also does truly impact your life
– The investigative mystery storyline of Cam trying to find Sarah’s family. An intense captivating story that allows for other storylines to authentically come into play.
– The personalities of both main characters (and love interests) Cam and Sarah. They’re super interesting to read about.
– Sarah’s biological dad was featured more. He seemed like a great guy that could add a lot to the book.
– the flirting with older women at the beginning. Am I missing something? I don’t really get it.
– The story wrapped up a bit too quickly. Another 20 pages would have allowed the final details to be explored more
Overall, a really great novel. Well written incredible characters, an interesting investigation storyline and the perfect amount of sexy times. I highly recommend giving Where the Lies Hide a read.
Come say hi!
Goodreads: Amanda (Books, Life and Everything Nice)