I most recently saw this tag on Pages and Pugs and was inspired to do it. I don’t actually believe in guilty pleasures as far as reading. Reading is all about fun with none of the guilt, but it’s super fun to answer the questions for you all!
I tag all of you. Send me the links to your posts if you decide to do the tag!
1. Have you ever re-gifted a book that you’ve been gifted?
No, not as an actual gift. But I will let people borrow/keep books I think they’ll really enjoy.
2. Have you ever said you’ve read a book when you haven’t?
Maybe? Occasionally I’ve misremembered reading an assigned book for another similar book by the same author.
3. Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?
No, I’m super careful about returning my books. Once I accidentally left a book in a lecture hall in college, searched everywhere for it, and then went early to the librarian to pay for the replacement.
4. Have you ever read a series out of order?
Yes, all the time. I frequently read mystery and psychological thrillers out of order. Usually those types of series can be read as stand alone too. Think Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson, Kathy Reichs, Lisa Gardner, etc.
5. Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?
Yes, but not in a mean way. I’m not going to spoil the big ending or something, but I will tell other aspects that some might consider spoilers. I think it helps better describe some books by giving a few spoilerish details.
6. Have you ever doggy eared a book?
Occasionally. It doesn’t really bother me. I do prefer to use post its to mark passages I want to come back to.
7. Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you do?
8. Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book?
Rarely, only if it’s boring but I want to find out what happens at the end.
9. Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually liked?
No. Do people do this? Why?