Hi everyone! I am so honored to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Julia at Fable Hunter. She’s an amazing book blogger who features a variety of bookish topics from classic literature, fantasy novels, and hunting for that new amazing book. Her passion and adventurous spirit is evident throughout. Before continuing, please visit her blog and check it out. A big thank you to Julia for nominating me!
Before this I didn’t know about the Mystery Blogger Award. The award was created by Okoto Enigma. The explanation on her blog is as follows:
The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
As a newbie blogger, I was absolutely floored and so honored to be nominated for this award. It’s such a sweet gesture and keeps my motivation up, to keep creating great content for you all.
There are so some rules and questions to answer, so let’s get into them and have some fun!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
To begin, here are three things about myself:
- I’m a big cat lover. Over the course of my lifetime I’ve had the pleasure of caring for 9 cats, that were my pets. I’ve taken care of so many more furry friends. For some reason the cats all have had multiple health and behavioral issues. Maybe the universe knows that my family and I can and will love and care for them. One summer I even rearranged my entire schedule including staying up until 5 AM to care for my dying cat . . . essentially hospice care for kitties. The moments when she was happy and pain free, which was 90% of the time, were some of the best memories. And I don’t regret one minute of the time I sacrificed to spend with her.
- I used to use the fact that I would read magazines from back to front cover as an interesting fact about me, in high school. I thought it made me seem interesting and quirky. Oh, teenage self what were you thinking?
- For the past 6 months I’ve been watching the television show ER on Hulu. I’m currently on the last season with less than 20 episodes left to watch. I watched the show on and off when it originally aired on TV in the 90s. And yes, that would make me maybe 10 or 12 years old at the time. What can I say, I was a weird kid. It’s been a wonderful whirlwind revisiting the world of County General Hospital with Carter, Abby, Haleh, Luka, Morris Neela, and so many more.
I have 5 questions to answer from Julia:
- What are your hobbies?
Besides reading? Because I think that’s obvious. Painting, adult coloring, cooking, caring for my cats, getting obsessed with a TV show, creating pretty planner journals, and being a life long learned which is probably why I love to read.
2. What is your biggest goal this year?
Personal- Take more time for myself and put myself first, which is something I don’t do nearly enough. Set boundaries, especially to deal with the negative people in my life.
Book blog- By year’s end reach 200 follows on my blog, 1000 followers on Twitter and Instagram
3. Do you have any pet peeves?
Sure I have a bunch of little pet peeves but those are petty and usually more about me being tired and cranky at the moment.
The things that bother me the most are people being rude, disrespectful of my time, and ignoring boundaries.
4. How would you describe yourself in 5 words (or less)?
Considerate, observant, caregiver, lifelong learner
5. What was the weirdest/grossest thing you did as a child?
Oh gosh! Too many to count; my sisters and I got into so many shenanigans as kids. The one that pops into my head right now is digging for worms in the garden, picking one up and putting it on my 3 year old sister’s head. Yuck! And kind of mean. Sorry, sis.
My Best Posts
That is so hard to choose. I don’t have a favorite Book Review per say, since the books are all so different and have each taught me something.
I’m incredibly proud of my 3 part series of Underrated Books.
I love introducing people to great books that they probably haven’t heard of before.
- Kaleena at Reader Voracious Blog
- Sarah June
- Thrifty Bibliophile
- Tammy’s Reading Life
- Perpetual Fangirl
- Read With Allison
- Pages and Pugs
- A Single Speck Book Blog
- Life Should Be Lit
- Bibliophile Reviews
- What’s the funniest experience you’ve had on vacation?
- What’s your favorite reading snack?
- How do other people describe you?
- Of which accomplishment from last year are you most proud?
- What 3 things would you tell your younger self?